About Me

My name is Rosie Gigg and I am currently studying English Literature, English Language, Psychology and Media Studies at A-Level. I Love films, music, books, Manga/Graphic novels TV drama and Pop Culture from around the world including Korean and Japanese music . I aim to go into book publishing or editing when I leave education.

Monday, 29 June 2015

Narrative Music Videos








Both of these music videos are narrative music videos as they include a narrative or story that the audience can follow that relate to the lyrics. Many of the narrative videos depict a love story (such as 'I Found' By Amber Run), or make take a stand on social issues, popular examples of this would be 'Take Me To Church' By Hozier and the much more light hearted video 'Gives You Hell' which  "is about this asshole, it’s a dude who will never know it’s about him. It's kind of this tongue-in-cheek way of looking at someone you hate, whether it's your mom, for some reason, or it's your teacher at school, or it's your boss at work. It's just someone who makes you struggle, and it's giving them the finger." (Song writer Tyson Ritter)

No comments:

Post a Comment