About Me
- Rosie Gigg
- My name is Rosie Gigg and I am currently studying English Literature, English Language, Psychology and Media Studies at A-Level. I Love films, music, books, Manga/Graphic novels TV drama and Pop Culture from around the world including Korean and Japanese music . I aim to go into book publishing or editing when I leave education.
Saturday, 1 August 2015
And The World Was Gone by Snow Ghosts
This music video suits the criteria of the indie rock genre, as it looks fairly low budget, the lyrics to the song are sensitive and the song itself isn't found in mainstream music. I really like the kaleidoscope(?) effect that is used in the video as it's in time with the beat of the song and suits the overall pessimistic tone of the music. I also like the extreme close up of the eye closing to the beat of the music, although I think it is a little cliché it works well with the songs tone and lyrics. Furthermore, I really like the underwater shots especially with the light filtering through, this motif of being underwater or drowning is usually associated with the end of the world or the end of something, another example of this would be in the music video Monster by Paramore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment