About Me

My name is Rosie Gigg and I am currently studying English Literature, English Language, Psychology and Media Studies at A-Level. I Love films, music, books, Manga/Graphic novels TV drama and Pop Culture from around the world including Korean and Japanese music . I aim to go into book publishing or editing when I leave education.

Friday, 20 November 2015

Framing: Rule of Thirds

What is 'Rule Of Thirds'

Definition:
The Rule of thirds is a concept in photography, film and video production in which the frame is divided into nine sections. These act a guide lines or reference on how to frame something.
                           

Ed Sheeran's 'A-Team' is a good example of using the rule. For examples, there are several shots in this music video where the rule has been applied.


The protagonist is paced where the lines intersect which creates a lot of leading space which makes it look more naturalistic but dramatic at the same time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment